- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible as God’s infallible rule of faith.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and repentance is necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- In justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification after the new birth, through faith in the shed blood of Christ, is through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- In water baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- In the Lord’s Supper, Holy Communion.
- In the Second Coming of Christ.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead, eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Scriptural Basis for Faith and Doctrine
|Repentance||Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19|
|Justification||Romans 5:1; Titus 3:7|
|New Birth||John 3:3, 1 Peter 1:23; 1 John 3:9|
|Sanctification||Romans 5:2; 1 Corinthians 1:30; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12|
|Water Baptism||Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9, 10; John 3:22, 23; Acts 8:36, 38|
|Fruit of the Spirit||Romans 6:22; Galatians 5:22, 23; Ephesians 5:9; Philippians 1:11|
|The Lord’s Supper||Luke 22:17-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26|
|Second Coming||Acts 1:11|
|Resurrection||Matthew 25:41-46; Mark 3:29; Luke 18:30; John 5:28, 29; 10:28;|
Acts 24:15; Romans 6:22; 1 John 5:11-13; 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9;
Revelation 20: 5, 6; 20:10-15; 21:8